This policy covers tangible property belonging to the organisation or held by them in trust or on commission for which they are responsible. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Buildings, being office blocks, factories, laboratories, colleges etc
- Contents of buildings – comprising furniture, stationery, fixtures and fittings,
- Plant and Machinery e.g. Transformers, generators, Processing plant
PERILS COVERED, FIRE AND ALLIED PERILS
The above definition embraces the following:
- Fire and Lightning
- Non-Political riots, strikes and Malicious Damage
- Special Perils (impact by vehicles and trees, storm, hail, wind, rain, and flood damage)
- Spontaneous Combustion
These are also subject of the Assets All Risks policy. Loss or damage to, or as a result of:
- Theft following force or violence
- Money (and other negotiable instruments)
- Plate Glass
- Goods in Transit within Zimbabwe
- Employees Personal effects
- Accidental Damage to office machinery.
Cover is also available under this policy to cater for:
- Increase in cost of working
- Reduction in Turnover
- Following damage resulting from Fire and Allied perils
Covers costs of tracing outstanding debtors as well as compensation for untraceable debts following destruction of records.
If you need a quotation for an Assets policy, contact us
There are instances where it is more beneficial to retain the risk and make provision for future losses than to pass it on to insurers. We are well positioned to advise on self-insurance.